The Ministry of Tourism has been working very closely with Ministry of Home Affairs for easing of the visa regime in the country over a period of time to make it more tourist friendly. India government made some modifications in e-visa regime.
● Duration of stay in India of e-Tourist and e-Business Visas is maximum upto 1 Year with multiple entry subject to the stay stipulations.
● Also, the existing restriction of allowing foreigner for a maximum of three times has also been removed
● On e-Tourist Visa continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa except nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
● In case of nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
● In all cases no registration will be required.
● In e-Business Visa continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa.
● Foreign nationals who fall sick during their stay in India can now avail medical treatment without converting their visa into Medical Visa. This would take care of sudden medical emergencies.
● Visa-on-Arrival facility extended to the nationals of Republic of Korea.